Philharmonic Orchestra of Jalisco
||Altos del Teatro Degollado, Colonia Centro, Guadalajara
||+52 (33) 3658.3812
||+52 (33) 3658.3819
In 1915, thanks to the initiative of Maestro Jose Rolon, a group of musicians from Jalisco began to give chamber and symphonic concerts to the people in Guadalajara; this was the starting point of what would in the future be known as the Guadalajara Symphonic Orchestra.
In 1988, the Guadalajara Symphonic Orchestra changed its name to give rise to the Philharmonic Orchestra of Jalisco with the intention of extending its work of art all over the State.The organization has been formed based on strict auditions of aspiring music-stand musicians, which guarantees homogeneity of sound regarding the technical performance of its members. This has allowed us to sustain that the Philharmonic Orchestra of Jalisco is able to appropriately and gallantly perform any kind of repertoire, including the most ambitious works of the 20th and 21st centuries.
The Philharmonic Orchestra of Jalisco is to be interpreted as having stepped forward to consolidate our long orchestral tradition, a legitimate effort seeking to benefit the majorities.