Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra
||#1002-105 Main St. E.
The Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, established in 1949 is the successor to several prior orchestras that have flourished in Hamilton since the 1890’s. The HPO grew to become one of Canada's major professional orchestras until 1996, when financial pressures caused a temporary halt to operations. The orchestra reorganized and quickly returned to the Hamilton Place concert stage in 1997.
The orchestra provides orchestral accompaniment for a number of local arts organizations including Opera Hamilton, the Bach-Elgar Choir, Hamilton Youth Ballet, Theatre Aquarius and the Great Romantics Festival.